Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Search for the Best Foie Gras in NYC

My husband Bill and  I were the surprise dinner guests for my friend Maddy's birthday Celebration. We set up to meet her before dinner and wanted to bring one of her favorite foods: Foie Gras. Bill and I spent time in France this summer and came to love the taste of foie gras.

I went online and searched for the best Foie Gras in NYC. I found Chowhound with an excellent message board. Mentioned were 4 of the Michelin star restaurants in NYC, but also mentioned was a small French restaurant in Chelsea called Gascogne, whose owners are from Southwestern France. I decided to pursue this lead. 

We went downtown for a delicious brunch at the restaurant and told the owner of our experience in France and our desire to bring the best foie gras to our friend's birthday celebration.  He recommended that we take out his tasting selection with three variations and rather than champagne suggested a sweet Italian bubbly  wine called Prosecco a delicious suggestion and just 29.95 a bottle!.  
What a surprise for our friend when she saw us. We were able to enjoy a touch of France and Italy in NYC with her.

Bon Appetit!

Share with us any great finds that you've come across in NYC. Just comment on our blog post!

No comments:

Post a Comment