Thursday, March 17, 2011

Sharing Ideas Too Good Not to Share With Us

There are so many fantastic  ideas that are created in the course of planning a party. The Party Times is the perfect place to let other party givers benefit from great ideas that you have seen while both attending parties as well as hosting them.

We love for you to send in any of your special party ideas!

Our First Idea Contributors are Debbie and Linda

My  friend Debbie received our newly launched blog The Party Times and immediately called me to tell me about her friend Linda who created a fantastic cake for her husbands birthday. The concept was unique, the cake was created with four blank fondant “canvases” and the artists were four family members ranging in age from 3-40!

Here is Linda's Story:
"I am a professional cake decorator. Recently I had to make three family
birthday cakes in one week. When I got to the third cake (my husband's) I
felt I needed a new approach to impress everyone. I asked my daughter, my
son-in-law, and my two little grandsons (ages  3 and 5)to each paint a
surface of the cake, using food coloring as paints. I painted the letters
on the top. The result was an original, colorful cake which showcased
everyone's amazing artistic talent. My husband love it!"




We love this idea, how original and easy! Try this at your next birthday party, allow the children to paint on a fondant covered cake (marzipan-like coating) with edible paint markers, the result will be a surprise for everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment